Saturday, September 8, 2012

SQL 2012 setup error : SQL Server setup media does not support the language of the OS

Problem : I ran into the following Setup error when trying to install SQL Server 2012. The message box showed up as soon as I ran setup.exe.

SQL Server setup media does not support the language of the OS, or does not have the SQL Server English-language version installation files. Use the matching language-specific SQL Server media; or install both the language specific MUI and change the format and system locales through the regional settings in the control panel.

This error occurred even if I tried to install english SQL Server on english Windows 7 OS (with default Regional setting en-US)

My Steps:
1) Downloaded SQL Server 2012 Developer Edition (ENU) from MSDN subscription web site.
2) Extract .iso by using WinZIP
3) Ran setup.exe from the extraction target folder
What I did:
Downloaded WinRAR and extact .iso again. It worked fine to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment